Monday, January 27, 2014

The Traveling Diaries No.3

"When in Rome"
By Angelic Roman

Upon googling, " quotes about Rome", one would probably immediately think of the good old ones like:

"All roads lead to Rome"

"Rome wasn't built in a day"

Though, the most appropriate quote seems to currently be ,"When in Rome do as the Romans do". This proved to be true as I found myself squishing onto metros earlier this week with my classmates, getting splashed with water, and thoroughly startled with the hustle & bustle of this eternal city. I couldn't help but appreciate the fact that I'm already a city girl and learning the ropes of this windy place won't be as culture shocking as it could be.

What will never cease to be shocking is the beauty found in Roman architecture. The inspiration to be drawn from the clean white marble, perfection of proportion, and colossal sizing of all of these ancient buildings seems to be eternal indeed. In all the flurry, I found a keeper of bag ( made out of plastic to endure the never ending rain) reminiscent of the Flora designs Gucci made for Grace Kelly. I cannot wait for the moment I get to visit the Gucci Museum in Firenze, but until then my own creative endeavors shall suffice.









No comments:

Post a Comment