Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Traveling Diaries No.1



            "It's a Small World After All"
            By Angelic Roman

Note to self: There is no such thing as a stupid question. I found myself repeating this, earlier today, as I held up a pair of very European looking keys, asking the cleaning lady how to open the door.

Yes, I have arrived- after years of dreaming, months of pining, and days of utter anticipation- I have arrived in la Bella Italia. Believe me, I write this with a kind of incredulity that cannot possibly be matched. Me: a girl of a very timid nineteen, just got through the last three days; which consisted of a ten hour flight, with a five hour layover, three separate train rides, and two silent taxi rides to the province of Trento, Italy. You might ask: how exactly are my Italian skills? Well, here's what you need to know ( and also what has been spilling out of my mouth every few seconds). "Boun giorno, sono Americana e non parlo Italiano molto bene. Parla inglese?"

I'm ecstatic to report that for the next three months this San Francisco girl will be blogging from Italy, amidst my study abroad program thanks to the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship. My love of shoes has brought me to shoe heaven and landed me in a country of artful excellence. So, please, keep reading and travel vicariously with me. You can even skip the jet lag and falling asleep in German airports... 

More to come soon!

                     



                     


                     


No comments:

Post a Comment