Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Traveling Diaries No. 21

"The End of a Beautiful Journey"
by Angelic Roman 

One of my goals upon graduating from high school was to study abroad in the second spring of my college semester; I can't believe I did it. Studying abroad has been such a stepping stone for me, it has   opened the doors of a new language, a new culture, and a new side of the fashion business. I shall proudly display this experience on my resume and take it back with me. But of course, it couldn't have been remotely possible without the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship.

I was fortunate enough to receive $5,000 to help me fund my dreams and when applied to the City College of San Francisco Study Abroad program, it cut my costs in half. Last semester I was running around, working and studying full time, reaching out to family members for donations and working so hard to make it happen. Receiving the Gilman Scholarship helped relieve the burden of that dreaded budget and credit debt I was running into. I can't recommend it enough to people and really, applying is easy!

I've made a quick presentation for anyone who is interested and, of course, feel free to contact me.



No comments:

Post a Comment