Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Traveling Diaries No.20

"A Venezia"
by Angelic Roman

It is about a two hour train ride from Florence to Venice, Italy. As I child I often daydreamed about seeing this "sinking city" and exploring its alleyways and beautiful canals. We decided to explore this city without an itinerary. If there is anything I can tell you about finding your way in Italy its this: you will eventually get to your destination, its just going to take longer than you anticipated. Having the chance to simply wander around this magical city without any kind of rush to get to a certain place seemed to be the perfect way to go about it.



This was a shot that I was taking of my roommate when this lady briskly walked past; it ended up being one my favorites simply because of what she is wearing.  The vibrant hue of purple and stack of gold bangles pops beautifully against the panoramic landscape.




Of course, Venice is most famous for Carnevale, in which people dress up elaborately and don beautiful masks. Venice has a very rich history and culture and it is a must-see for anyone in Italy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment